Wednesday, January 18, 2012

About the Writing of The Best Online Dating Profile Ever.

Debatably of course. Everything is, isn't it? I realize I am biased. It's my profile. I find myself to be hilarious at times...at other times I find myself to be so enthusiastically boring that my little toy poodle Chanel groans at me.

On Sunday, I chose to revamp my old online dating profile. The old one was so haggard... run down, boring, and run-of-the-mill. Who in reading that would give second notice to a profile so mundane. I did have some intriguing thought provoking questions like "Staples or paperclips...choose." *laugh laugh laugh.* As I found myself casually browsing an assortment of knuckledraggers, douchebags and a few decent chaps I laughed and wondered if what they were reading and what they had to choose from was the same sort of redundant bunch of cliches that are more often than not exaggerations of wishes. For example "I am 1oo% drama free zone!!" Really? But you HAVE to say that? If there was no drama, you wouldn't have to say it. You must have on more than one occasion attracted drama into your life if you feel the need to express the desire NOT to have it. There was an abundance of profiles that looked EXACTLY the same, and the same stupid (my opinion) pictures of the shirtless guy in front of the mirror with his shirt off. *Really dude... go find something else to entertain yourself with. There are plenty of activities where you might find yourself shirtless for good reason. Get a picture of THAT.* I wanted to rewrite my profile to be one that would at least cause someone to giggle, maybe pee a little, and possibly something they could show to their friends. The words flowed out of my brain, skipped my arms and jumped right onto the keys faster than I could type them. In about 10 minutes I was done. Possibly the most fun I have ever had writing.

The responses I have gotten are a little bit more varied than they were before with the old profile. I can definitely tell if someone has read my profile or not. And there has been at least one response from a gent who seems normal, has his stuff together, is funny and easy to talk to. Let's just see where that goes. Then we can say that "The Best Online Dating Profile Ever produced results, debatably."

So here it is... the unveiling for public viewing. My online dating profile. Hands Down The Best Online Dating Profile. Ever. Debatably.

No comments:

Post a Comment