Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dear 2012


I thought I was going to write a letter to 2011, however, I am taking advice from "E" from the Incredibles:

"Never look back darling, it distracts from the now." Edna "E" Mode.

2012 You are all about the NOW. I learned about the now, and the power of living in it in 2011. I learned what it meant to commit to myself, and to my health. I learned what it means to be determined and committed vs attached. In 2011 I fell in love with myself again, which I needed. Now, looking out at a completely open future, there is no telling how awesome the years to come will be.

Proudest accomplishments of 2011:
1. I became committed to health. I started up with Advocare, joined Crossfit, started running again.
2. After several months being single, I opened up to dating again. Managed to be single the entire year which is actually quite the accomplishment. My partner became myself. My friendships. My fun.
3. I survived. In January, mom and I started a business. In June we closed it and our other business. Walking away was a huge challenge but at the same time it ended up being an open ending...and a new beginning for both of us. Mom is moved to Denmark and I am back in school.
4. I went back to school. My degree program is for Health Psychology and my plan is to go to Bastyr in 2012.
5. I went to England/France. During a business trip I managed to combine the trip with a trip to visit longtime friends that I hadn't seen in a long time. It was amazing.
6. I completed the Curriculum for Living with Landmark Education.
7. Most of all I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. Inside and out. Everything that I have done this year has been for my health, emotionally, physically, nutritionally....everything.

2011 in short: I chose to feel good. I stopped trying to impress other people. I found and am working towards my true passions. I did it.

Sooooo... for 2012. What is in store? Who knows exactly. I am committed to living in the now. I am committed to earning money and helping people transform their health habits through Advocare. I am committed to making serious gains in Crossfit. I am coaching SELP at Landmark in January. I am committed to HAVING FUN!! I am committed to writing more. My hope is that I make it to a place I have never been (maybe New York? maybe somewhere tropical?) Maybe there is love in 2012?

In the area of love, I have good feelings. Who knows what is in store, but the biggest shift within me is "not needing." But I plan on taking some risks, allowing myself to be vulnerable, walk on the edge, play with abandon, choose with no regret, and live like this is all there is...

So 2012, I look forward to all you have for me, whatever it is. Happy New Year!

Love Lina


2 comments:

  1. I love it Lina~ so happy to know you and experience the amazing things to come in 2012~ 2011 Has been the fundamentals re~realized an now that they're locked in~ it's time to build some beauty within it. :)

    ReplyDelete